June 1, 2011
Statewide Central Station Receives
“CSAA Five Diamond Central Station Certification”
Statewide Central Station is proud to announce that we have received the prestigious ”CSAA (Central Station Alarm Association) Five Diamond Certification”.
This certification testifies that 100% of our central station operators have achieved proficiency and certification by passing the CSAA Central Station On-Line Operator Training Course. These courses cover virtually all phases of central station communications with customers, law enforcement, fire and emergency services communications centers.
In order to achieve the “Five Diamond Certification”, each and every operator must have not only passed the course, but demonstrated:
- Proficiency in alarm verification, which helps reduce false alarms
- Proficiency in communications with the Public Service Answering Points, such as the Emergency 911 centers.
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including radio
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others; and
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
In addition, a Five Diamond certified company must demonstrate an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to the local community and to our customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to 100% quality operator training.
Out of approximately 2,700 central stations in the United States, which communicate and interact with the law enforcement, fire and emergency services agencies, fewer than 150 central stations have achieved the “Five Diamond Certified” status, which puts us in an elite group.
“While we have always been committed to staff training and continually improving the level of our service to our alarm professionals, we are especially proud to have achieved this prestigious certification,” said Steven M. Coppola, President of Statewide.
NOTE: The Central Station Alarm Association is a 61 year-old non-profit trade association that represents the major burglar and fire alarm central monitoring stations.
For further information, contact:
Director of Dealer-Client Relations
Statewide Central Station
Corporate Commons One
1 Teleport Drive, Suite 202
Staten Island, New York 10311